as seeing that i started this blog so i had a place to collect things that i like, i thought i would start an occasional series doing something that i like; making lists.
the top five things i spend far too much money on
(in no particular order)
1. magazines: despite having subscriptions to nine magazines, i still manage to buy at least that many more a month. of course i never get around to reading everything in them that i want to. and our recycling bin is full every week.
2. art and craft supplies: the expensive paints that i’ll teach myself to use one day. the fabric that i’ll sew a dress from soon. the books for inspiration. the wool that i had to have because will you look at that colour! i have a whole studio (shed) of supplies, but still i can’t help from buying more.
3. diet coke: i know, i know.
4. ‘statement’ clothes / accessories: i have too many out-there clothes that i buy because i think i’ll wear them (but often don’t). items that spring to mind: a grey jacket embroidered with neon yellow and orange beads, a cropped mesh top in a see-though blush pink, a feathered hat, an embroidered silk cape and three tartan capes (at least i’m consistent). i always see these things and love them and think ‘they’re so mental and so not in fashion therefore i’ll be able to wear them forever’, somehow forgetting that i wear denim skirts and grey marle t-shirts all year round.
5. sweets: no explanation needed, is there?