okay, i don’t love absolutely everything from this see by chloe resort collection, but the fabrics and the textures and the colours and the ideas are super ace, especially all of the jackets. and everything in that first picture (except the pants). and that splotchy dress.
(as i was typing that spotify – confusingly – played ‘freedom at 21‘ three times in a row and the visual / audio matching was perfect and suddenly i want to be the kind of girl who stomps about in toeless heeled booties and aviators and jumpsuits. oh, jack white: look what you’re doing to me!)
disclaimer: a recording of this man coughing would probably make it in my ‘most listened’ tracks on itunes, so i must admit bias.
but the dr. dee album is SPECTACULAR: the man is a genius.
image from here
i know i have harped on about olafur arnalds before (see here and here), but here is a link to stream his breathtaking new album, the soundtrack to another happy day (has anyone seen this film?).
i challenge you to listen to it and not fall in love with him. impossible.
photo from here
this warm, dusty lavender is fast becoming my favourite colour.
and love interruption is fast becoming my favourite song…
(and i love that youtube suggested this for me to watch: how did you know it was my favourite movie, youtube?!)
all images from abundance
olafur arnalds is writing and recording a new song in his living room every day this week. and each new song is being released for (free) download here.
how incredibly exciting (and generous).
this remains one of the most beautiful and moving songs i have ever heard – and the video is just breathtaking – from the found songs album which was recorded in similar fashion a couple of years ago.
i really can’t wait to hear what he comes up with this week: he is truly an absolute genius.
photos by vladimir longauer. a perfect match to the extraordinary music, methinks.
here’s a link to a couple of radiohead remixes that i’ve been listening to…
(i thought the ‘music’ category was looking a little neglected…)
picture by flora douville, fellow radiohead fan :)
this is the most heartbreakingly beautiful video ever.
it’s a couple of years old, but i’m sure those who have seen it will want to watch it again…mesmerising.
i’m getting in to music again lately; i was obsessed as a teenager but grew out of it a little as i grew up.
if anyone has any recommendations – i’m pretty open minded but i draw the line at any genre with the word ‘metal’ in it – i’d love to hear them.
photo by noemie goudal, via see hear say
thank god it’s friday.
i just can’t seem to be able to switch off at the moment. it has been a very difficult and very restless week.
when i try to fall asleep, i feel as if my eyes are wide awake behind my eyelids; that my body is physically exhausted but my brain is working overtime with worry and anxiety.
and then when i sit down to do some work – like now – i’m drowsy and i can’t focus. i feel like i’m walking around in a state of semi-consciousness, neither here nor there.
it is as if my mind and my body are living in two different timezones.
but today is friday, and fridays always bring a sense of optimism and freedom.
so i have been listening to olafur arnalds, whose album i downloaded months ago and promptly forgot about until today (please click over and watch this amazing video: you won’t regret it, i promise).
it is a nice full-stop to the week, i think.
just bought tickets to this four tet + caribou gig.
can’t wait: rounds is definitely a desert island disc…
(all images from four tet album covers)
i’ve been pretty upbeat lately.
the year is winding down, and although the weather in melbourne now* makes it feel like it is still autumn, the general buzz of spring is in the air. everything seems to get easier as the days become longer…
five things that have recently made me very happy
1. catching up with old friends on the weekend: and listening to old songs and dancing old moves and reminiscing and generally having a super fun time.
2. hanging up my advent calendar: the countdown begins…
3. blur reforming: showing my age, perhaps, but it’s BLUR! this is the stuff of teenage dreams…well, mine anyway.
4. my recent pay rise (and payday today): okay, so it’s only an extra $1.38 an hour, but i’ll take it (and then spend it online and come home and wonder what the packages waiting for me at the front door are, as i did today…more of that later in the week!)
5. booking a holiday to sydney for a friend’s wedding: haven’t been to sin city for a couple of years now, and i can’t wait.
(and while i’m at it: 6. all the nice comments that people have left on my blog lately…thank you so much; you really do make me happy)
* i apologise for always talking about the weather – really, i should start a ‘weather’ category or something – especially when european friends are experiencing such a cold snap, but seriously, melbourne’s weather is out of control at the moment… i wore thick black tights today, and it’s december. crazy.